Wednesday, February 2, 2011

We Survived!

I don't think I have ever before been so thankful for electricity!!  Thank you Lord for protecting our home and the power lines!!  It's not that we wouldn't have had any place to go, a few friends have generators and offered, but how to get there when the sleet that is falling is being measured in inches?  Thankfully, we didn't have to worry about it. 

We did lose power for about 20 minutes or so, but that was all.  I guess someone hit a pole or something.

We all snuggled up on the couches and slept in the living room together.  Including Lilly.  It's amazing how warm sleeping bags can get.  I was downright toasty.

Yesterday we still had school, so today, we are taking the day off.  I actually watched Regis and Kelly this morning!  I haven't watched that in ages.  It's one of those things I just can't take time for anymore.  It was fun, but I did feel a little strange just sitting on the couch, doing nothing at 9:00 in the morning. LOL

Callie and Kate with all things important:  dolls, books, snacks and I'm sure "blanky" is there somewhere.


Not too much ice.  I guess sleet falls off instead of hanging on to everything like ice does.  Which is why we still have power.  But when Cameron went outside, his feet stayed on the surface instead of going through to the ground.


We only lost a few smaller limbs, nothing major.  That alone is amazing since some of our trees have some pretty large dead limbs.

I'm going to go sit on the couch and try to do some knitting.  I worked really hard yesterday to get almost all of the laundry done in case the power went out, so today I'm taking it easy.  At least a little bit.

1 comment:

  1. We actually turned off all the lights last night to do our reading and bedtime rituals because the children were so disappointed that we never lost power!

    ReplyDelete