Monday, October 17, 2011

Go Dawgs!

What a weekend!  We had been planning this for quite a while.

Early, early Saturday morning, Cameron and I and my sister Valerie and her husband, drove to Nashville, TN for the Georgia vs. Vanderbilt game.  Cameron lived in Georgia for a while as a child and has always been a Georgia football fan.  I'm not sure why, but in the last few years he has become a really big fan and has been able to go see them play the last two years when they have come a little farther North. 


We arrived in Nashville in plenty of time to do some shopping before the game.  We went to our old stomping grounds in Green Hills.  The mall has changed a lot since we went to school in Nashville and it was fun to walk around and do just a little bit of shopping.  They even have a Cheesecake Factory there now!  I was pretty excited, but then the guys said they had made a pact to not eat at any chain restaurants that day.  They wanted to find some local places that were unique.  Of course, they had done their homework and found a place called Brown's Diner.  It was featured on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives". Even though it is my favorite restaurant ever and we only go about once a year, I agreed that it would be fun to try something new.  Besides, we have a Cheesecake Factory here in Indy.


Brown's Diner.  Let's just say....the ONLY reason that place could be recommended is for a good hamburger, like you'd make at home as opposed to a fast food burger, and a nice waitress.  Why it was thought worthy enough to be on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" as a place to go is beyond me.  My sister was downright disgusted and the only reason I didn't walk away starving was because my sweet husband gave me the rest of his burger after only a couple of bites and he ate my "catfish fillets".  They were really more like nuggets.  They first bite I took was awful.  I tried another piece and it was better, but too late.  I couldn't eat them.


Valerie and I informed the men that WE would be making the supper arrangements! LOL

The game.  I can't even remember the last time I had attended a football game.  It was either an IU game probably 10+ years ago or a Colts game back when they were really bad.  They were getting beat by the Dolphins, it was boring, so we left and went to the mall! LOL

I used to be a HUGE 49er's fan, but after buying our first house and having children, I had just gotten to where I didn't really care too much.  Plus, Joe Montana was gone.  So Cameron had to refresh my memory about some of the details and I did worry about getting bored, but not for long.  This game was a real nail biter!!  Georgia has struggled this year, but Vandy is not suppose to be that great and Georgia should have won rather easily, but apparently, it wasn't so easy!  Even with one second to go, Vandy could have easily made a touchdown to win the game.  I was glad that Georgia won!  I would have hated for Cameron to have to drive all that way for a loss.  It would have been a lot harder to drive back that night too!


Yes.  We drove back to my parents house that night.  We got to their house at 4:00AM!  We were all exhausted, but we had a great time.  We had never done anything like that with Valerie and Steve since having kids.

Thank you to my parents for watching them all!!

It was fun hanging out in Nashville again.  It's a really neat town and I hope we can take the girls some day for a long weekend and show them around.  We did that with Callie several years ago, but I'm sure she doesn't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment