We had a whirlwind of a weekend! Actually, it seems like we've had a whirlwind of a month. Cameron's brother and niece came for a short visit. We took a little road trip to Chicago. Then Saturday, I worked at the antique mall. I just love working there! I think when the girls are grown and gone, I could do that full time. I always learn something new and meet interesting people. I love all the stuff and remembering seeing some of it at my grandparents and great, great aunt's houses.
After being gone for two weeks it was nice to back at our church again. Sometimes it's nice to visit other places, but good to be back worshiping with our friends.
Speaking of friends....that will be first on my list of thanksgivings today.
378. Friends, for us and our children, who are kind, loving and a joy to be with.
379. Visits with family
380. Day trips to Chicago, even if they are very quick
381. Healthy bodies!
382. God's provision. It may not always be how or when I want it, but he ALWAYS provides.
383. Sunny skies
384. Beautiful fall trees and falling leaves
385. A good nights sleep. We all slept until almost 9:00 am today! I guess we were a bit tired.
386. Answered prayers. Big and small.
387. A sweet daughter who thought of me and got me an OLD Amy Grant CD at Goodwill.
388. The way Kate says "Be careful. Be careful on your way there and on your way back!" every time Cameron or I leave the house.
389. The flexibility of homeschooling. We didn't start until after lunch. We needed the morning to just be here and regroup. It was good.
390. A cancellation that gives us a night with nowhere to go.
I feel a bit repetitive when I make these lists. Some of them occur often and I am thankful for them each time so I don't want to leave them out. Some things seem too obvious to mention, or are not tangible, but are even more important, like the grace and forgiveness that we have in Jesus, a home to live in and food to eat. So even if it is repetitive, it is certainly sincere!
Psalm 107:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.