Saturday, November 5, 2011

Out of the Mouth of Callie

Callie has always had a way with words.  Sometimes a way that has gotten her in big trouble. :)  Many times a way that has us laughing until we are crying!

As she has gotten older, the super funny things don't happen as often.  Recently, though, she's been on a roll.

We had watched a DVD about the Chinese Terra Cotta Warriors.  A few days later I was commenting on how amazing it was to me that these were built in China before the time of Christ.  I think it was something like 350 BC.  She said that it was interesting but didn't understand why I thought it was "so amazing."

Now I'm sure there is a lot that I don't remember that some teacher actually taught me, but I do not remember ever learning about ancient history.  I was taught the Bible at home and at church, but It was not until I was an adult that I realized the order of things was not Old Testament, New Testament and then everything else.  So now that I know, I love to see and learn about things, like the Terra Cotta Warriors, that were happening at the same time as things in the Bible.

So anyway, I said...."Callie I didn't really learn history like you are" and I was getting ready to tell her all the rest of that, but before I could, she said..."That's because your teachers didn't even come close to your mind blowing awesomeness!"

I kid you not!  That's exactly what she said.  I almost ran off the road laughing.  I told her to remember that when it was time for math the next day.

About a week later, she hit her head pretty hard on the car door while getting in.  She said, "I'm afraid I'm going to have a colon."  I asked her what she said and she said it again.  I asked her what in the world she was talking about.  She said, "like when you can't wake up".  Luckily, Cameron was driving this time!!  I  told her it was "coma not colon" and then we had a little anatomy lesson.

I haven't laughed like that in a while.

1 comment:

  1. it *is* funny when the older ones slip up or, more often, mispronounce a word they've read. :-) I'm going to need to start writing those moments down, too. Unfortunately, they read my blog religiously, so I may have to start a separate, secret blog for entries like that. ;-)

    I think that first comment should merit a vacation day or something!

    ReplyDelete