Thursday, February 9, 2012

Food on the Brain

I've been trying some recipes from one of the gluten-free cookbooks that we got at the library.  Have I said before how thankful I am for the library?  It's one thing I don't mind paying taxes for!

You may be thinking, "Is this all she thinks about now?"  Well, it's not all I think about, but I am thinking about it a lot.  I want to find suitable recipes for our favorites.  Just because we're cutting out wheat doesn't mean we don't want yummy things to eat.  

So far, we've had General Tso's chicken, blueberry muffins, crepes, and chocolate chip cookies.  Callie wanted to make chocolate strawberry crepes  and there just happened to be a recipe in the book, so she made those.   I still need to try a reagular bread recipe.  I keep putting it off.  I don't care for baking homemade wheat bread, much less trying something totally new.   

Everyone is enjoying the baked goods and I'm doing okay at not eating too much of them.  Gluten-free or not, calories are calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment