Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

Well I didn't mean to go so long without posting anything, but the computer had other ideas.





It turns out, the computer being on the fritz was quite a blessing.  Blessing #1,  Monday through Wednesday, I did very little wasting time on the computer, only what was necessary on Cameron's work computer.  Then on Thursday, I finally made the time to call our Internet provider to see if they could help at all, not thinking they would be able to.  Not only did they, but, Blessing #2, they fixed the sound which has been out for months!  All over the phone from Upstate New York!  It's a good thing, I might have kissed the technician had he been here in person! LOL  Ahhh computers.  Lived more than half my life without it, but now feel like it's indispensable.  Then there is Callie who feels like it's a right of life. :)  She can't believe I was 30 when I got my first cell phone! LOL



On to Valentine's Day!



This holiday has turned from a romantic couples day into more of a fun family day for us.  {Not that Cameron and I ignore each other on this day.  I was totally surprised with some tulips and he got bacon and and french toast.  A way to a man's heart you know.}

Anyway, we have some favorite books that we read.  Bless Callie, she still likes to hear me read The Valentine Bears. (or at least she pretends to)  It is hands down my favorite book to read to them.  I still remember the first time I read it to Callie when she was little.  We both just loved it.  If you get it, make sure you say "crispy critters" with lots of gusto.  Your kids will love it!

Then of course there is chocolate and whatever else we can come up with.




This holiday has become kind of important to our sanity too.  February can be brutal with winter weather still here and in full force and everyone in Central Indiana knows that even though it will eventually warm up, we may still be wearing coats on Easter Sunday.  So Valentines crafting and planning and celebrating come at just the right time.  The girls have used up just about all the glue, glitter, tape and felt we own.




I saw this idea on Pinterest.  In fact, I think it was the first thing I "pinned".  Then Farmish Momma posted this and I remembered the Pin.  I knew that was what I wanted to do for the girls.  I thought I could whip them up in an evening or two.  Ahem.  Yeah!  Right.  Turns out, I really don't know how to embroider!  I have done it before, but this time was not going well.  Luckily, I tweaked my idea and a Sharpie came to my rescue for one and the other will be fine.  Best of all, I had all I needed and didn't need to spend a dime!

Edited to Add:  I'm linking up with FarmishMomma today for her Pinterest Pin-along!  Go see what great ideas there are.

3 comments:

  1. Those look great! (love the tape dispenser. {hee hee} :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the buttons, especially the yellow bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet project and the sharpie worked in a pinch ;) There are a bunch of youtubes on simple embroidery out there or maybe I will make one since the kids are pushing me to do another. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete