Monday, February 16, 2015

February Daybook

{Outside My Window}  Very, very, very cold.  Earlier it was 16 degrees, but now the sun is setting and I'm sure the temp is going down too.  And not a drop of snow on the ground!  It can be very depressing, but the sky is quite beautiful.



{I'm Listening To}  Laughter from up stairs and a dripping faucet.  Both are music to my ears right now. :)
Thai iced tea....yum!

{I'm Thankful For}  A friend who called out of the blue a couple of weeks ago and said "We'd like to have your girls over for the day next Saturday"  So on Valentine's Day Cameron and I got an unexpected entire day together!  We had breakfast with the girls first with lots of homemade notes passed out.  Of course there was bacon involved and chocolate muffins and then we dropped them off!  It was great and lovely and such a gift!  And it couldn't have come at a better time.

Grandparents who send Valentine's and sweet notes of encouragement to the grown ups.  Also could not have come at a better time!

Running Water!  It's the coldest it's been so far this winter and somehow we've managed to keep the pipes going.  A gift from above for sure!!

My husband!!

{I Am Thinking About}  So many things that I would like to write about but either don't have the words or the time or either.  It is a strange time in our life.  Parenting, friendships, jobs, school, the future......So much to think and pray about.  It's not all bad, just so different sometimes than how I thought it would be and sometimes I'm slow to adjust.

{In the Kitchen}  Callie is in the kitchen!  And she is great.  I have been stuck in a rut for a long time and she is forcing me out!  She has made tortellini soup and French toast rolls and fish tacos with cilantro rice so far.  She's been mostly on her own, I'm trying to not boss over her shoulders!  I've also been making some of the recipes from Mad Hungry Cravings.  Good stuff!
 



{I am Reading} Right now I'm reading Mansfield Park.  That is for Callie's literature and we both like it.  I had tried reading it a few years ago and just couldn't get into it, but this time I am enjoying it. 

I was thinking that I shouldn't read my own choice of fiction during our regular school schedule because sometimes I get too engrossed in it, but I think I'm about to change that self-imposed rule.  I don't have tons of time and I definitely can not be staying up late, binge reading the latest novel, but to have something to read for pure pleasure sounds really nice!

I'm thinking of reading Anne of Green Gables.  I've seen the movies a couple of times, but I've never read the books.  Maybe I'll read the whole series who knows.

{I am Creating}  I have three knitting projects I'm in the middle of and two sewing projects.  I do not like this!  I'm not sure how it happened because I am a "one project at a time" kind of gal, but here I am.  Next month a friend is going to guide another friend and I in sock knitting.  That will be four projects if I don't hurry up and finish one!! 

{One of my Favorite Things}  Reading Valentine Bears to the girls.  It's definitely in my top 10 favorite picture books! 



 
 

Playing in the snow a couple of weeks ago.  It wasn't very deep, but it was the good, sticky kind for building snowmen.

{A Few Plans for the Week} We were going to go to the Indianapolis Museum of Art with Cameron (I love paid holidays for my husband!) today, but they are closed on Mondays.  Thankfully I found that out before we go all the way down there.  It's just a typical week with ballet, babysitting and a 4H meeting.  Rather busy, but all good.

4 comments:

  1. Loved the pictures Sharron! Especially the first one, so much to be thankful for friend.
    Stay warm and have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alice! I think tomorrow we'll cuddle up in the warmest room and read all day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top picture is so peaceful! Sounds like you are all keeping busy, despite the cold. And I am so glad the water is still working! I know you all don't take that for granted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spoke a little too soon, the cold water froze up that night, but as long as the warm is still going that's still not too bad! Funny how relative things can be.

      Delete