Friday, October 9, 2015

{In the Library Bag}






The above books are my latest hall from the library.  Well, one is a book on CD and the three on the bottom are Kate's.

If you can't tell from the picture, the picture books that we have been enjoying are all by Barbara Cooney.  You just can't go wrong with her books.  They aren't all my favorites, but they are all good.  Kate's favorite has been Roxaboxen and then a second close is Miss Rumphius.  The pictures are lovely and the stories so good!  If you think that picture books are only for "little" kids, read this then if you're interested, search Elizabeth's blog for "picture books" and you find a whole wealth of ideas and picture book love. 

Kate loves to pick out her own books at the library, and only rarely do I make her put one back, but sometimes people write the most stupid books!  I always make sure to find some really good ones to add to the pile and then I don't have to discourage her pics, which are based solely on the covers! ;)

My personal favorite in the pile is Dinner: A Love Story.  I love it!  The personal stories are interesting and funny and the recipes are the perfect balance of yummy, but simple.  They are not gluten free, but easily adapted.  The whole point of this book is good food, but easily doable for busy schedules.  I've made a few so far and they've all been hits.  This is the kind of cookbook that would make a great gift. She has another book out and is working on a third.  Based on her blog, I'm sure they will both be good. 

I've enjoyed listening to Hands Free Mama.  It is a tad bit repetitive, but still good.  Definitely a good reminder to pay attention to what is truly important.

How to Sell Your Crafts Online ended up not really being what I wanted.  It's mostly about the computer side of things.  I don't even know exactly what I was looking for, but this wasn't it.  I'm sure it's  a fine book though. ;)

These are ready to go back and there are more requests ready to pick up.  I love the library!  It's like free shopping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment