Wednesday, September 6, 2017

My Heart


My father has been a minister my entire life and other than serving in the military during the Vietnam war, his entire adult life.  Was he perfect?  Close, but not quite.  Were his kids perfect?  Close, but....just kidding!  Not even close!  Perfect or not, there is no way I could respect him any more than I already do.  

When Callie said she wanted "Granddaddy" to baptize her I could have cheered wildly and acted like a fool, but I calmly said something like, "If that's what you want then that's fine with me." :)

So we made a short trip to celebrate not just her Grandmother's birthday but also Callie's baptism.  Her other grandparents and all her Indiana cousins and aunts and uncles were there too and it was the perfect celebration!  {Except I didn't get pictures of her with her other grandparents somehow and so I hang my head in shame!!}










So I don't know what else to say without getting really sappy!  I'll just say, I love my family, perfect or not!!



1 comment: