Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christmas in Mississippi

More retro blogging.....Our Christmas in Mississippi was wonderful too.  We were able to stay longer and were very spoiled.  It was like staying at a bed and breakfast!  And it SNOWED!  I know this is old news now, but come on, this was big news.  It was so beautiful as snow always is, but the element of surprise added to the excitement. 

The first few days the weather was very mild and sunny.  I was actually wishing I had packed a little differently.


The girls and I made Pretzel Dots.  I had never been that inspired to make these, I'm more of a brownie girl, until I realized that we could make them with Kate's gluten free pretzels and she would be able to have some fun treats too.  They were yummy!!  Next time I will not be making these with dark chocolate Kisses.  They were way too tempting and I ate way too many.



Christmas morning we woke up to a cloudy, rainy day.  But during breakfast we looked out the window and saw some of the biggest snowflakes I have ever seen.  This picture does not show it, but they were huge.




On our way home we took the scenic route and stopped in Tupelo.  I couldn't believe how tiny the house was!

We had a great visit and our trip home went smoothly.  It snowed all through Alabama and then we stopped halfway to have a little fun in Nashville.  It was good to be home.  Even if it did mean back to reality.



No comments:

Post a Comment