Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January So Far

Well I didn't intend to ignore this blog for so long, but life has been a little crazy lately.  We had a wonderful Christmas in Mississippi.  It SNOWED and was so beautiful.  I took some pictures which turned out pretty good, but I am not at home so I cannot include them here.  Which leads me to the craziness.  We spent nine days out of town for Christmas, then we were home for a week, and now the girls and I are spending the week at my sister's/parent's.  We are here helping out for a few days and I'm really glad that we have the flexibility that homeschooling gives us to be able to do this.  I will admit to a bit of freaking out in my head over what is not getting done though.  I brought Callie's school work with us thinking it would be easy to get it done, but thanks to a few inches of snow my niece and nephew's school has been cancelled.  So, it has been all day play dates Tuesday and Wednesday. 

I'm trying to not think about the "double duty" that awaits us when we get home and just enjoy this beautiful scenery, sledding with my nieces and nephew and hanging out with family.  I do love this unrushed time to be together. 

I hope to post pictures soon.  Even if they are Old News now. :)  Next week we should be getting back to somewhat of a normal schedule.  I'm not quite sure I remember what that's like, but I sure am anxious to be home and stay home for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your week with the cousins & family!! We've had some extra craziness too, and haven't been able to do full days of school. I try not to let it bother me, and just enjoy the fact we are able to be so flexible.

    ReplyDelete