Monday, February 14, 2011

Thankfuness--Flu edition

We are still dealing with some illness around here.  Kate got it last Wednesday evening and is still not over it.  She seems to have gotten hit the hardest.  Let's just say I've started praying for her husband!  One moment she is so sweet and pathetic and the next moment, usually the one where I have to fix a meal, she turns into Godzilla.  Poor little thing. :)

143.  Herbal teas.  Still thankful for those!  Kate will drink them and she will not take cough syrup without physical force.  Unfortunately, the teas don't seem to help Kate's symptoms as much as they do Callie's.

144.  Slipcovers on the couch.  Just in time.  I'll just leave it at that.

145.  A very helpful husband.

146.  The chance to get out on Saturday and scrapbook with friends--it was only the 3rd time in 13 days that I had left the house.  Even a home body like me has her limits.  Thank you again, Cameron.

147.  A working TV and DVD player.  I can't even begin to count the number of movies we've watched.  Thankfully I feel fine now and we can read some books.

148.  Good books, lots of quilts and comfy jammies.

149.  Actually being able to get school done most days.

150.  Warmer temperatures.

151.  As inconvenient as this flu has been, I know that we are so blessed to normally enjoy good health.  Anytime one of us has some illness, I think of those who deal with health issues, much more serious, on a daily basis.  Whenever Godzilla appears, I just try to remind myself that this will soon pass and thank God that this is not our everyday!

Hopefully next weeks list of thanksgivings will be all about healing!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a chance to have scrapbooking fun! Hopefully Kate will be herself soon - her sweet self! :)

    ReplyDelete