Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cookbook Fun

I had been in a rut in the kitchen.  Not that anyone else was complaining, except Kate, and that doesn't count :), but I was getting bored and not very motivated to cook.  Since I'm usually making three meals a day and Cameron is here for most of those, not cooking is not an option!

So, when we went to the library, I got four or five cookbooks.  I have plenty and I like the ones I have, but we were there anyway so I grabbed a few.  Some went right back into the library bag after I looked through them, but one had some interesting things in it that we have since tried.  Nigella Bites by Nigella Lawson.  It's an interesting cookbook.  There are things like Thai Yellow Pumpkin and Seafood Curry, which I would love to try.  A few pages later there's Elvis Presley's Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich.  We are big peanut butter lovers here so we had to try this.  It was a big hit with everyone! Certainly not a low fat meal, but the bread was homemade and the peanut butter all natural so it wasn't too bad. :)  The little girls in this house could use a little more fat on their bones anyway!




If you try them, make sure you have plenty of napkins handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment