291. A beautiful spring day. Breezy, sunny, not too hot. Perfect.
292. http://www.knittinghelp.com/! I figured out how to do something new without having to run to my friend. I'm sure she doesn't mind helping, but I didn't want to wait until I saw her next. This website is great! There are videos of how to do the stitches. It's like your sitting in their lap and they are holding your hands and knitting. I'm very excited.
293. Knitting needles delivered. I've really enjoyed learning how to knit. I like it because you can take it almost anywhere, unlike sewing where you pretty much have to be home. It's nice to feel productive while riding in the car or sitting for hours at ballet class. The only down side is that this hobby can be a little on the expensive side if one is not careful. I'm making a baby present that needs to be ready soon and it requires two different sizes of needles. I was ready for the second size but was having trouble finding some that didn't cost so much. A Google search led me to Etsy.com and I found a pair for half the price! And not only that, the woman was in Noblesville where I was going to be all day Saturday. She brought them to me and now I'm ready to finish the gift. I was very excited!! It was truly a blessing from God to find them less expensive and get them that same day.
294. Well, the end of the earth didn't happen. I'm so thankful for parents who taught me the Bible, taught me how to think for myself and how discern what the truth is. I'm not saying I (or they) have it all figured out. But on this issue, the Bible is pretty clear. "No one knows the day or the hour" How much clearer could Jesus have been?!
295. Cameron's work. He has a love/hate relationship with his job, but I am so thankful he has one. I'm thankful that God has given him work to do and that He is our provider.
296. The opportunity to serve others as a family.
297. Learning with Kate. We've been having fun reading books each week that go with our letter of the week. Most weeks it's just been reading and coloring and some writing, but some weeks we have some sort of activity to go with it. I'm really excited about "W" week. There is a woman at our church who raises sheep and shears them for their wool. She also spins the wool into yarn. So....we are going to go to her house and visit her sheep and watch her spin. We are also going to dye some yarn that I already bought from her, based on the instructions found here and here. I had Cameron pick up the dye the same day I read these. I'm really excited. I'm sure both girls will enjoy it. Then we will have to decide what to make with our yarn.
298. Radishes from the garden. These are mostly for Cameron and Callie. They love them.
299. Field trips to the local chocolate store. Yummy!! I showed great restraint!
300. There is no shortage of things to do today and for that also, I am very grateful. Grateful for a family to take care of and the ability to do it.