Sunday, August 14, 2011

This Week We....

Went to the State Fair.  A tradition which is of utmost priority to more than one in this household.  We've only missed two years in over 12.


I don't know who comes up with this stuff, but fried green beans?  They were yummy!!

Callie and Kate in front of the swine barn





Can you tell how HUGE these horses are.  These men come to about the middle of horses necks!  Kate asked if they were "giraffe horses." 


Spent the night in the tent.  Took a chance and left the rain fly off.  Saw the stars shining above in the middle of the night.  Really cool.



Had popcorn and smoothies for lunch.



We cleaned out the barn (all but one part).  A very long overdue project.  The garbage man is not going to like us!

Purchased the rest of our school books.  I love Half-Price books!!!

It was a busy, productive week.  My wonderful husband replaced our camera (I usually call it "my camera") and I haven't even had time to play around with it. 

School starts Monday!!  I'm mostly looking forward to it, but at the beginning of every school year I have moments of freaking out.  "How in the world are we going to get everything done?"  The truth is, we won't.  Some days the chores won't get done or the art project will still be on the table when supper should be.  The most important thing I can do is not "do it all", but have a good attitude no matter what.  Which is sometimes harder.  I think Cameron cares more about coming home to a joyful home than a perfect house.  At least I hope so! ;)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, try again!

    I tried to say that you had so much fun in one week!

    And I particularly liked your reminder about having a good attitude, instead of thinking we always HAVE to do it all. :)

    love you!

    ReplyDelete