Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Yarn Along


I'm so excited to be participating Ginny's Yarn Along two weeks in a row!

I was able to start fulfilling Kate's request for another sweater that would match a hat knit with her yarn right away.  The hat is made with the yarn that she dyed back in the summer and we went to our local yarn shop to get the yarn for the sweater.  It is pretty cool to know the sheep and the woman who spun the yarn and then be able to make it into something colorful and fun. 

Both sweaters are knit with Cascade's pima cotton and wool blend.  It's very soft but easily separates.  I've bought it twice though so obviously it doesn't bother me too much.  It helps that it has been on sale both times!  I'm about four rows into the sweater.  I'm hoping to finish while we are on our way to or in Mississippi.  I want to get it done quickly because I have a gift I need to start as soon as the needles come in the mail.


pictures by Callie

I haven't been reading anything for myself lately.  I still have to find a copy of The Help. I hate to buy one because I never read these things twice, but there is a long waiting list at the library.  Callie and I just finished House of Sixty Fathers for our China studies and are still reading about Lottie Moon.  She was a missionary in China after the civil war.  Both books have been very good, but my favorite book that we have read about China is the one that we read this summer, Mao's Last Dancer.  It has everything this family could ask for, ballet, a little suspense, a little romance and wonderful insight into the daily lives of poor peasants in China in the early 60's and 70's.  It is written for adults, but there is a kids version that I want to check out from the library.

I'm going to go do that right now.

1 comment:

  1. Love both yarns...just gorgeous and they look really squishy and cozy too!

    ReplyDelete