Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Kate!


Just how many times can you celebrate turning six?  We had presents with Granny and Poppy on New Year's Day, then presents and treats at Nai Nai and Ye Ye's the next weekend, then a party with friends from church the Friday after that.  Now today, on your real birthday, we'll have your favorite foods and open a few more presents.



I can't believe how fast these years have gone by.  I can't believe how much you have changed and what a big girl you are.  I can't believe the little baby girl who refused to eat, now tells me, "you're a good cooker!" and likes her soup.  I can't believe the little girl who would not let go of my neck in church now sits in "my spot" and then runs off to play after the service is over.  I can't believe that the little girl who would hardly leave my lap will now go out and play in the snow by herself.  I can't believe that the little girl who wouldn't say a word now sings "Joy To the World" all day long.  I loved holding you and cuddling with you, but I also love seeing you blossom and grow!  It's pure joy to hear you and Callie playing together, laughing and giggling.



You are the answer to Callie's prayers for a sister and to my and Baba's prayers for another child to love.



You can celebrate turning six as many times as your little heart desires!

1 comment:

  1. The twins and I love these pictures! They keep saying, "Aw that's cute!" Kate - you are a beautiful little girl.

    Sharron - my eyes want to make little drip drops when I read what you wrote. How sweet... I'm so thankful for the gift of Kate for your family. And ours! :)

    Many happy returns of the day, Kate!

    ReplyDelete