Monday, January 2, 2012

Ready or Not

I'm not ready.  I'm not ready for 2012 quite yet.  I don't even have a new calendar yet! I'm not ready to get up early when it's 15 degrees outside, I'm not ready for the second semester of 6th grade, and I am certainly not ready for Kate to turn six! 

It doesn't really matter though, whether I am ready or not.  It's coming.  So I can fight it by complaining and whining or I can trust the Lord to see me through.

I went to this blog today and this was exactly what I needed to read.  There will not be peace unless it comes from Him.  No matter how much I try to force it and plan it I just need to trust Him to provide it.

That's what I am doing.  Trusting Him and thanking Him that I have an almost six year old, that I have a sixth grader and that he has provided a (mostly) warm home for us with lots of love and blankets and hot chocolate.

If I start complaining or whining, would someone please remind me of what I just wrote?

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! Rah, Rah, Sis Boom Bah! I was waffling on starting school today. I was going to, then I realized Mick had today off and Rachel didn't have piano lessons, and I thought we would take it off, then we decided to go ahead and jump in. So we started late and it took most of the day to get everybody's math done, but it actually felt good to get back into the swing of things!

    I hope those brand new windows are providing you some warmth tonight! I'm covered in a warm afghan right now!!!

    ReplyDelete