Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter 2012 with Lots of Gratitude

God continues working on me and showing me the importance of flexibility.  I don't know that I would have thought of myself as inflexible, but I guess I kind of have been.  To some, I would have never shown it or let on, but to others, I'm sure they are laughing!

They're freezing :)  The last few years we've had to wear winter coats!

Every since Callie was born, we have usually had our Indiana family to our house on the Saturday before Easter for a family get together and egg hunt.  The first thing that messed up our "normal" was me.  I forgot to tell the antique mall that I needed off that Saturday.  Then two thirds of the family couldn't come anyway so, plan B.  Plan B was to take a picnic to the Indianapolis Museum of Art.  The grounds there are beautiful and it's a great place to take pictures.  Then we were going to come home and make these really cool fabric covered eggs that I saw on www.sewmamasew.com.  I was looking forward to plan B. 



Saturday, friends from church called and wanted to know if we wanted to go to Turkey Run after lunch.  It's a state park with trails, covered bridges, etc.  It's a really neat place.  So, new plan.  Sometimes it takes my brain a while to switch plans.  What about plan B?  What about doing our eggs? 




 We had a wonderful time at Turkey Run!  Another family came also, the weather was perfect, and we made our eggs on Monday.  I know.  The day after Easter.  A couple of years ago, I would have said forget it, but why?  Who says you can't decorate eggs the day after?  Plan C was great!


This was a fun, if not messy on our fingers, craft.  I wouldn't try it with anyone much younger than 6 though.  I would love to make some more, it was sort of like quilting without measuring and sewing.

My gratitude isn't a long list this time, but I'm just full of thanksgiving for God's gifts of celebrating, family, friends and his mercy.

1 comment:

  1. You're right - I would never think of you as inflexible. You're so laid back!! I'm glad you had a great time with your eggs... looks like the girls didn't care what day it was! :)

    ReplyDelete