Friday, April 6, 2012

Mississippi Moments

It has been a crazy week here.  I thought we would come home from Mississippi recharged and ready to finish our Forty Bags in Forty Days clean out and get back into school with full force.  Instead, we came home to five orphaned kitties that had to be bottle fed every couple of hours and kept inside.

Now I have nothing against animals, however, I do like them better in pictures and call me whatever you like, but I do not like touching them.  I have always been that way.  I guess it's because I had terrible allergies as a child and I couldn't be around animals.  They are cute, I know God created them, but I don't want to touch them!  Something I had never really thought of before is how clean a mama cat keeps her babies.  Without mama, they stink!  Thankfully, I think we have a home for them to go to on Monday until they can be weaned and then we may adopt one back to be a barn cat and keep the mice away.  Also, to keep my children happy.  It is so sweet to hear Kate tell the kitties she loves them.  Callie thinks they are cute and loves them for the first few hours and then she seems to loose interest.

So, I have been able to get some of the cleaning out done and a little bit of school, just not as much as I wanted. Hopefully, by the end of today I will have a picture of a big load of stuff going to Goodwill and/or the local place that gives things away to those in need.  Next week I hope to work in the yard and prepare the garden, but the next rainy day we have I'm going to see if I can't work a little more on some of the spots I didn't get to go through as much as I would have liked.  The girls did help some in their room, I think they brought me a whopping 4 or 5 items that they didn't want anymore! LOL

We did have a good time in Mississippi.  The girls were so excited to see Granny and Poppy and, for the most part, did a great job traveling.  As always, we were spoiled with good food and I did pretty good sticking to my gluten free diet.  Thanks to Poppy who helped me out!!


Dress up is a favorite activity at Poppy and Granny's.  I didn't catch Callie with any outfits on, but at this moment she was busy being the cashier.

A master bubble blower


A giant tree at one of the plantations we visited.

Callie has either a book in her hand or her camera in her hand at all times.  Sometimes, she has a live model.

This is the way Kate's face looked the entire time we were at the fire station.  The fire station is just a few blocks away from Cameron's parents house so I thought it would be fun to take the girls on a little visit.  Callie had done this before when she was little, but Kate never had.  Even though this man started out in regular clothes and both men doing the tour were super nice, Kate was absolutely not enjoying herself.  It was like when she was little and wouldn't look at people or smile at them.  When we got in the car, she said her stuffed animal, Rosa, was scared.  Today, when she saw this picture, she got all excited and said that she had a good time!  Crazy kids!!

There's a little bitty antique shop that we always visit and I always find something good.  I got this whole set of dishes for $17.50.  It's so cute, I just fell in love with it!  It's not often I see old dishes with red.  It's usually blue, or green or brown.  Who could turn down such a bargain?!

Well, I'm off to load up the outgoing stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had some amazing weather in Mississippi! I can't imagine how much warmer it was there than here. Love the dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would have been my Little Miss too, at the fire station..

    ReplyDelete