Thursday, May 31, 2012

Needle & thREAD

needle and thREAD




Well there hasn't been too much sewing around here the last couple of weeks.  At least nothing really exciting.  It's been more of the functional type of sewing. 


Cameron's mom got Kate the cutest little shirt, but it was just too short to wear and way too cute to pass on yet.  She already has trouble keeping her pants up since she has the tiniest behind ever.  I thought it would be good to keep her belly button covered!  I found some fabric at the wonderful Etsy.com that matched and made it into a little dress or tunic.  Right now it works either way.

Callie had some jeans that were too short (as always) so I cut those up and made her a skirt with some fabric I already had.  Doing it this way is much, much easier than making a full denim skirt by ripping the seams out of the jean legs.

Both girls were very happy and both projects were extremely quick and easy.

I finally got the copy of To Kill a Mockingbird from the library.  I am really enjoying it.  I really don't want to do anything but read this book.  The story is told from the little girls perspective and she is a hoot!  I'm just now getting into the more serious part of the book, so I'm sure the humor may be over, but I have laughed out loud several times.  I love some of her observations about public education.

Visit Elizabeth for more sewing inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. Cute projects! To Kill a Mockingbird.. I can still remember my mama reading it to us! Here is my recent project: http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/05/crafting-along-with-needle-and-thread_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way of re-purposing clothes that would otherwise have been to samll/short.

    Well done to you

    San

    ReplyDelete