Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Yarn Along

I enjoyed knitting this pattern for my mom so much that I decided to make one for myself also. The pattern is easy, but interesting and the yarn is so soft.  I used Malabrigo superwash.  I really enjoyed making these.  It was a great way to pass the time in the car on our way to Mississippi.

It's so nice to have a personal photographer.  Thank you Callie ;)

You should see the stack of books I have!  I don't know why I check all these books out at one time.  I gave up on two and returned them already.  I took a few with me on our trip since I couldn't decide, but I mostly ended up reading one in particular. 

Call The Midwife.  I had not seen the show, so wasn't sure what to expect, but a friend said the book was really good.  I have never before felt such a range of emotions while reading one book.  There was laughter, sympathy, anger, disgust, sorrow and then thankfully more laughter.  I loved the book until the middle.  I was going to let Callie read it.  Until I got to the chapter where the author meets a woman trying to get out of prostitution.  Not only is it horribly sad, but she goes into great detail about what this woman saw and experienced.  I sort of wish I had known about this part of the book before hand and Callie certainly won't be reading it any time soon.  I did enjoy the rest of the book, there were other parts that were truly a joy to read. 

Joining Ginny and hoping to check out all those links with a tall cup of hot chocolate later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment