Saturday, March 23, 2013

Laughter Is the Best Medicine

Especially when it is delivered by your best friend.

You know the saying, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."?  Well lets just say that yesterday, if that rule had been followed, I would have been in a very quiet house.  But it wasn't, and I was oh so weary.

In the car it wasn't much different and I told Cameron I was all out of words.  Meaning that I had corrected, I had fussed, I had prayed, I had pointed out scripture to the offenders, and nothing seemed to be helping.

My dear husband, who knows the words to every song written before 1990, started singing the Air Supply song, "I'm All Out of Love", except with his own lyrics. 

"I'm all out of words, I'm so tired of your sass....."  I was laughing hysterically!!  I had tears flowing down my cheeks and I was laughing so hard I couldn't even breath.  Even now, I'm laughing.

The girls will really think it strange the next time they are fussing at each other and I start cracking up.  It will be because Cameron's song pops in my head.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! And tell Cameron "thanks." Now that song is running through MY head. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been dealing with the same thing here lately. I am so overwhelmed by the amount of sassy pants under my roof. And I have to to say, that I think the only cure is downright laughter. Hopefully all the kids will be good to us this most holy week!

    ReplyDelete