Monday, December 23, 2013

Frantic Spirit Update

Well, in my plans for a calm Christmas, I forgot to factor in germs and viruses.

Actually, it isn't that bad.  I could tell I was on the verge of coming down with something all last week.  I tried to get to bed early, if 11:30 pm counts as early, and I started the extra vitamins and all sorts of voodoo, but last night it finally happened.

It was probably the walking around downtown, in the cold mist that finally sealed the deal.  Going to see Monument Circle and getting Starbucks is one of the girls favorite traditions and someone was starting to get antsy that it wasn't going to happen.  Someone who things she's cool now when she orders coffee. ;)

It was a crowded night downtown and we had to park quite a ways from the circle.  We had a good time though.  I found a tea latte that I actually like and it was nice getting all warmed up before we headed back to the car.

By the time we got home I was down.  I woke up this morning with almost no voice at all and feeling not so hot.  I got one batch of peppermint brownies made and then I went to take a nap and I felt much better.  So I've got another batch made, this one gluten free, shortbread in the oven and a cake still to make.  And yeah, a sweater still to finish!  I'm so close.  I think I can, I think I can.  The cake can be made tomorrow if necessary, but I'm hoping not.

Kate is busy making all sorts of things and Callie is wrapping and helping me when needed.  I'm sure lots of days she wishes I would lose my voice, but in reality, it's quite a pain!  I have to repeat myself several times and she actually has to come down from her sanctuary to find out what I need.

The timer just went off.  Gotta go!

Merry Christmas!!


5 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm so sorry! We will pray for a speedy recovery!


    Have a wonderful next few days with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Mostly pray that I don't share it with the girls and Cameron!!

      Delete
  2. You and me both, Sharron. :-P Stuffy nose, sinus pressure. Wah! Mine started on Saturday night. On the plus side, since I was up at 2 am last night, I got to watch PBS's re-broadcast of "Mr. Stink," starring Downton Abbey's Hugh Bonneville as a homeless man. Interesting ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure Rachel is actually Mom... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you guys are funny! The same thing happens with Callie and I.

      Delete