Monday, February 3, 2014

Snow, Snow, Snow

our picnic table on Sunday morning


She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household is clothed with scarlet.  Proverbs 31:21

Well, maybe not "scarlet", but I am thankful to be prepared this winter with warm clothes, plenty of blankets and plenty of cocoa and a working furnace.

I'll admit to being very weary of frozen pipes and drains, of having cold feet and I know Cameron is!  This is the first winter I have ever heard him complain.

I know it is a hardship for some, and I will admit to being a little emotional and overwhelmed a time or two over the kitchen situation, but even with the trials, I just can't help but smile when snow comes pouring out of the sky.  When I wake up and it looks like tiny diamonds all over the ground, its' just beautiful.  I can't be grumpy about it.  It's a good thing, as there is supposedly more coming tomorrow.

I'll save the grumpy for rain and melting snow.  That brings a different set of plumbing problems that  I do hate.

photo by Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment