Friday, July 11, 2014

The Great Smoky Mountains, Part 1

With Cameron's job change we knew there would be no regular vacation this year.  I realized one day that since we weren't going to Mississippi that maybe the girls and I could go with my parents to Johnson City, TN to see my extended family.  When I asked them if they were going they said yes and immediately my dad wanted to know if we could go to his favorite place on earth...."The Smokies".  For all of you non-Southerners that means Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, TN.

As much as I tried to get out of that (budgets you know) they wouldn't let me.  :)

I am so glad!!  We had a wonderful time and I'm so thankful to Cameron for not minding that we were living it up in Tennessee while he was home working. 

You really can go to the Smokies without shopping the whole time. LOL  Having been here many times before, this was a first for me to come with that mindset.







The first day we spent the whole day in the Smoky Mountain National Forest.  It's so beautiful!  For the first time in my life, I think I finally understand my parents love for this place.  I've always liked it, but never really saw the beauty.  I was too hypnotized by the Pigeon Forge strip of malls and rides.  And always terrified of the roads in and out and around here.  Guardrails would go a long way towards my enjoyment of those rides!!!










 

 
It also helps when one is content to swim at the hotel pool as much as humanly possible.
 






 
 
However, no one can leave The Smokies with all of their money!  There were bumper boats, the Hollywood Wax Museum for Callie and Grandmother and a big treat for all.......The Dixie Stampede!  We had a wonderful time.  I hope the girls remember, for years and years to come, the summer we went to The Smokies with Grandmother and Granddaddy.  {otherwise known as Nai Nai and Ye Ye}
 
 

 
 
Stay tuned for part 2!



2 comments:

  1. Was that a bear in the woods??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like so much fun! You were missed - but I'm glad you had such a great time making memories together.

    The pictures are all beautiful - but my favorite is your dad and the girls! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete