Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye 2014

If I had to choose one word to describe 2014, it would be Intense.  2014 was the most intense year of my life I think.  Not all bad of course.  In fact quite good in some ways. We and our extended family have all been mostly healthy and that is no small blessing!  But the year was definitely hard in other ways and I'm definitely ready to move on!



That being said, it has been an intense season of seeing God provide and bless us in ways I would not have imagined.  I've learned some hard lessons that I hope I don't forget and I trust that all of the lessons are for our good, even though I may not be able to see it right now.



Yesterday I worked really hard on reorganizing and cleaning out.  It felt sooo good!  I even have empty shelves on a closet right now.  It won't stay that way, I have other things to move in, but oh it felt so nice to get that stuff out of there.  Some things went in the garbage or in bags to be donated and others just got rearranged and placed somewhere that made a lot more sense.



The year of the "K"!  Kate got several gifts with her initial, not planned, but she loved them all.  Callie made this for her to hang on her wall.  It turned out sooo good and Kate loves it.
 

I love the week between Christmas and the New Year.  I love filling in my calendar and making plans and notes.  I really wish there were a few more days before "real life" starts back up again.  I sort of have this idea that on January 1 I'll wake up and all my faults will be gone and all the problems will fly out the window.  I get the same feelings when planning a new school year.  Of, course I know it's not true, but a new year and a new season do seem so promising. 

 


Kate has been a bit sick so we will celebrate the coming of the new year on our own tonight.  Something I don't really think we've done before and Callie was rather disappointed at first, but we have some ideas and I think it will be lots of fun!  And I'm sure our friends will be glad we kept our germs to ourselves!

Happy New Year!!

{One thing I have no idea what to do with is a large amount of fabric scraps.  I can't bear to throw them away, but I will not be making any quilts anytime soon.  If you or someone you know quilts and would like some scraps of mostly feminine fabric, let me know!}

2 comments:

  1. Germs here, too! Blech! Hope you have a fun New Year's Eve and Day. I feel the same way you do about this time of year. :-) Hope to see you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, the buffet has all its doors at last! Looks good.

    Sorry Kate doesn't feel up to par. Tell her we all say to get better.

    Callie, great job on the "K"! Clever

    Happy New Year Cox Family!

    ReplyDelete