Monday, February 22, 2016

A Break From Winter

It was almost 70 degrees here on Saturday!  In February!!!  It was unbelievably beautiful.

We already had plans to meet with friends for dim sum to celebrate Chinese New Year. {maybe a little late, but better than never} 


 
One of the other moms got a much better picture, but I don't know how to get it from my phone texts to the computer.  We had a really great time.  These girls are so funny!  They hardly talk at all until it's time to leave.  One would eat shrimp, one had to have a special order with no allergens, and the other brought her pb&j from home. LOL Lucky for them we did not have to order from the aquariums behind them!! 
 
From there we headed to Ft. Benjamin Harrison State Park.  It was only about thirty minutes further from the restaurant so it was the perfect park to use our state parks pass that Cameron got for Christmas.  I was especially excited to have the pass when I saw the sign that the entrance fee is now $7.00!
 
The day could not have been more perfect.  Blue skies and tons of sunshine.  A rare thing in Indiana this time of year.  It's cold and cloudy again today, but it's okay.  I keep reminding myself its suppose to be cold in February.  It is winter after all.
 




 













Moments after this picture was taken, my feet started sliding in the mud and I promptly fell, knees first, in the mud.  I was laughing so hard I couldn't get up and Callie thought I was hurt.  There were a lot of dried leaves too so I wasn't too covered in dirt, just my knees.

Thank Goodness, there are no pictures to prove any of it!

 
 

 










It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment