Saturday, July 23, 2011

What We've Been Doing

What we've been doing during the second part of summer is....pretty much nothing!  And we are loving it.

Kate is mostly loving swim lessons, Callie has had all the time she wants to work on her creative pursuits and I have enjoyed reading books again.  For quite awhile my reading had been limited to blogs, email, etc., and school books with Callie.  It's been nice to have time (OK, make time) to read some real books!  My stack includes, The Opinionated Knitter, The 10 Habits of Happy Mothers, and Mao's Last Dancer.  Actually, I've been listening to that one on CD and Callie has been reading the book.  Cameron brought the movie home one night from Red Box and so our curiosity was peaked.  We wanted to know how much of the movie was true and what all was left out.  I've really enjoyed listening to it.  The man who reads for the CD does a wonderful job.  It's an amazing story!  You should check it out.

"The 10 Habits of Happy Mothers" was highly recommended and I have enjoyed reading it so far.  There is a sort of book study going on at Elizabeth's blog that is really good.

I'm reading the "The Opinionated Knitter" mainly because the title was interesting and sometimes it's more relaxing to read about someone else doing something than it is to try to do it yourself.  In other words, I'm stuck in my knitting progress!  But I have help coming.
According to The Weather Channel, it was 96 degrees outside felt like 112 degrees when I started typing this.  It's too hot to do anything.  I don't even want to eat real food, much less cook it.  I'm sure I've never said that before! :)

Callie turned in her 4H project this week.  It turned out really good.  More on that next week.

Enjoy your Lord's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment