Thursday, January 31, 2013

needle & thREAD

needle and thREAD



Last week I finally got some sewing machine time in!  Nothing earth shattering, but something that had been on the want to do list for a long time.

Even though I have been sewing for years, I am not fast, and if I don't follow some sort of pattern or instructions, I always make some sort of stupid mistake.  It never fails!  Thankfully, it was easily fixed and did not ruin the project or waste a lot of fabric.  If Callie would have been willing to carry a bag with one side having upside down fabric, it would have been fine! LOL

I think to date, this has been my only totally impulsive, "I have to have that fabric", "I have no idea what I'm going to do with it", fabric purchase.  Even though I have felt that way a few times, I usually get over it quickly.  But when I saw this fabric here I knew Callie and I needed that London fabric.  We ordered three of these.  We each wanted a bag and I thought an apron would be really cute too.



thank you to Callie for the photos

Callie loves her bag and I'm going to start mine soon.  I needed more fabric for the pattern I chose though and it should be here today or tomorrow.

I've been finishing Give Them Grace and I picked up An Everlasting Meal at the library after reading about it here.  It's very interesting.  I wouldn't say I am as enthusiastic about it as some, I'm a little picky about combinations.  Like a poached egg on top of a salad is not my thing! I do like eggs and I do like salad, just not together!  But I do love reading about food and recipes and cooks and there is a lot to learn here about cooking in general and this woman throws away nothing!  Always a good thing to learn.

1 comment:

  1. Sharron, the fabric is adorable! Love it! I'm with you, mistakes seem inevitable when it comes to sewing. Thankfully, it's usually fixable - and no one but us ever notices anyway. :)
    You did a great job!

    The books sound good, too. :)

    ReplyDelete