Monday, April 13, 2015

The Wizard of Oz

We are reading "The Wizard of Oz" right now during our Morning Time. 

I guess it's pretty appropriate for spring since I thought we might get blown to Oz ourselves a few nights ago!  {I really have a love/hate relationship with Spring}

Anyway!  These two lines cracked me up....

"It's such an uncomfortable feeling to know one is a fool"
"If it required brains to figure it out, I never should have said it"

Poor Scarecrow!  I've felt just like him a few times in my life.

I'm anxious to see how the book compares to the movie.  I grew up watching it as a child and had no idea it was a book!  So far we are really enjoying it.

2 comments:

  1. Most of the classics I've read - especially children's classics - have very much impressed me and have made me realize WHY it is they're classics: they're really, really good! Glad to hear you're enjoying The Wizard of Oz. We have it and I know some of the girls have read it and liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They are usually good. The girls did not like Pinocchio though. They got mad at him for never learning his lesson and doing the same "stupid" things over and over! LOL

      Delete